Sunday 24 June 2012

Mishka and Nemo


 Mishka was always the slow one. Her sister Nemo was the first one to climb the stairs but Mishka took her time to learn things.  It’s been few weeks that I have returned back home to Andaman, watching Mishka and Nemo play together was my favorite way to spend time.

Today Mishka passed away. She was only few months old. The kid in my neighborhood says she got hit by a car last night. I cried when i saw her sprawled by the side of our garage. Death generally never makes me cry. 

The relationship between dogs and my family is complicated. We have stray dogs who prefer to stay around our house, they have free will to go anywhere but most of the time they choose to stay in front of our house and bark at people who tries to enter the gateIn every few months, mostly when I am in England, my mother would call me to let me know if anyone of them has had babies.  Not all the babies survive more than few days.  Those who do are lucky, like Mishka and Nemo.

A couple of days before my sister offered to take Nemo off our hands. But I refused because I didn’t want Mishka to grow up alone. Now that Mishka is gone, I don’t know what to do. My mother suggested that we can still give Nemo to my sister.

It’s hard to let go of Nemo. But it’s harder to see her without Mishka. I wonder if Nemo misses her like I do.  Perhaps it’s best for Nemo to go to my sisters. I want Nemo to live and I am scared if she stays here with me, one night she will go out on the street and end up like Mishka.

Nemo has always been the clever one. But I have to think of her well-being. I guess this time it’s best to let go. If they still want her, I’ll let her go.

I have no pictures of Mishka (she was a black puppy with brown patches around her eyes and nose , Nemo is light brown puppy), this blogpost is the only way to keep her memories alive. She will not be forgotten like others who passed away. She was not a pet but she was definitely not a stray. 




PS - Boori is Mishka and Nemo's mother. I have mentioned them here. Bella is no more with us. 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry my dear :S

    (raza)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's ok hun, i'll survive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..sorry to hear that.

    Well Its been ages I did not visit you .Don't be mad at me LOL.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not mad at all darling. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? Don't hold back :)