Tuesday 14 February 2012

Faces of Love

It's Valentines day, so how can I think about anything but love.

I am single and most of my friends are. Whenever one of us feels low I always advice them to be content being alone. Whenever they ask "Am I not worth being loved", I say stop feeling like you are not worth it, when the time is right love will come.

Yet no one can deny the emptiness we feel. The sinking feeling that there never may be a 'right time' and we cannot deny that love indeed is the greatest form of self-validation. A person can be born with one eye and two nose, but if he/she is loved then the fight has already been won.

Love is the reason why people feel accepted or rejected. Like a pure energy it could be the the light or dark.

We in this physical world have the power to manipulate energy. Our thoughts and words can make someone feel loved but prejudices often stop us from loving people, forces them to ask themself if they are worth it.

Isn't everyone worth it? And why would someone's race, sexual orientation, their physical attractiveness etc get involved in matters of the heart?

Why can't we all unconditionally love each other...why is a stranger threatening, why is the unknown scary?

Love is grande. And I guess that is why we need families, friends, soulmates and twin flame to understand and experience it completely. It seems like one lifetime just isn't enough to appreciate all the faces of love.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you...Hope you had a good one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all Ed...it's the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fantastic read. Thank you. Like millions of others I know the feeling of emptiness, of not being able to share my intimate happiness and pleasures with a soulmate. You could've been my Valentine if only you asked ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...thanks hun..wish it was that simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love is deep in our heart... either v show it or not but every1 has d feeling of love.. may b true or may b fake at tyms...
    some love caz of d feeling of emptiness .. some love to get d physical attention or 4 sex satisfaction... but i do love to promote it... may b it have manny reason's ... but i dnt need love ...
    my family loves me alot but love has a feeling dat adores me to feel it...
    datsol... dis is ol wat i feel <3

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say? Don't hold back :)